Click on the image at right or pdf here (326 KB) to open a PDF.
The Land Use Bylaw regulates the type of use permitted on any lot in the Town of Lunenburg and the location of all buildings and structures on any lots. In addition, it deals with requirements for items such as signs, fences and parking. The main tool for administration of the Land Use Bylaw is the requirement for a development permit for any new development or change in use, or any new structure. Any change to the outside of a building on the lower portion of Dufferin Street, Falkland Street and Tannery Road also requires a development permit for heritage conservation purposes.
- pdf Permit Process Information (168 KB)
- pdf Heritage/Development Permit and Encroachment License Application Form (164 KB)
- pdf Construction-Related Parking Information (17 KB)
Any change in the boundary of a lot requires subdivision approval. A "Subdivision Application" is the form used for this process, which generally begins with an applicant hiring a surveyor to prepare the required information.
Building Permit Approval
Please view Building Inspection.
- Development Agreement Application: $1450 (Application fee $750 plus advertising deposit $700)
- Land Use By-law Amendment Application: $1450 (Application fee $750 plus advertising deposit $700)
- Municipal Planning Strategy Amendment Application: $1450 (Application fee $750 plus advertising deposit $700)
- Subdivision: $131.25 for the first 5 lots and $33.10 for each additional lot. Also cheque for $113.35 to register the subdivision in the Land Registration Office.
- Encroachment Agreement : $100
- Zoning Confirmation Letter: $52.30