- Water treatment
- Maintain Town’s water distribution system
- Daily/weekly/semi-annual testing of treated water
- Provincial & Federal government reporting requirements
- Provide water for fire protection
- Commercial water meter reading
- Maintain Water Utility property, buildings, infrastructure & equipment
- Watershed management
The Town of Lunenburg has submitted an application to the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board (UARB) for changes in its Water Rates and Regulations for customers served by the Lunenburg Water Utility, as set out in the Water Rate Study available pdf here (1.11 MB) .
The UARB has scheduled a public hearing for August 10, 2022 to be held in the Council Chamber at Town Hall. 10:00 am. For more information on the hearing, visit: https://townoflunenburg.ca/nsuarb-public-hearing-re-water-utility-aug-10-2022.html
A copy of the application and any timetable applying to this matter may be viewed on the Board’s website at https://nsuarb.novascotia.ca/, by clicking on "Matters & Evidence", and in the "Go To Files and Documents”, enter Matter No. M10552.