Mayor Risser issues an update on the last Friday of every month.
September often feels like the real beginning of the work year, and this year was no exception for Council and staff.
- Project Lunenburg: The Province approved the Town’s new Municipal Planning Strategy, Land Use Bylaw, and Subdivision Bylaw ahead of schedule. The documents came into effect on September 22th. The final documents are available on our website at: https://townoflunenburg.ca/planning-and-development.html. The next phase will be modernizing the Heritage Conservation District Plan and Bylaw and aligning it with this new direction.
- The annual Fishers’ Memorial Service for 2021 was held on September 12th at the Lunenburg Waterfront, attended by the Lieutenant Governor and members of Council for Lunenburg and neighbouring municipalities. The service is dedicated to the memory of those who have gone down to the sea in ships and never returned. The event is available to watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/An0PeRbJKH0
- Regional Emergency Management: Town Council approved the new Regional Emergency Management Bylaw on September 14th, joining all Lunenburg County municipalities. Visit the new Lunenburg REMO website launched this month, with information on local risks, risk mitigation, emergency preparedness, local emergency response, and resources for your household. https://www.lunenburgremo.ca/
As always, thank you for your interest.
Mayor Matt Risser
Town of Lunenburg
- pdf September 2021 (131 KB)
- pdf August 2021 (127 KB)
- pdf July 2021 (125 KB)
- pdf June 2021 (144 KB)
- pdf May 2021 (126 KB)
- pdf April 2021 (134 KB)
- pdf March 2021 (132 KB)
- pdf February 2021 (130 KB)
- pdf January 2021 (28 KB)