The June 7th celebration acknowledged a number of significant milestones this year in partnership with the Lunenburg Academy Foundation.
- Official opening of the Heritage Classroom at Lunenburg Academy
- Unveiling of a plaque from Canadian Heritage marking the 125th anniversary of Lunenburg Academy in 2020
- 50th anniversary of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention
- Presentation of three Heritage Recognition Awards for “a job well done” in outstanding restoration of built heritage
- Birthday cake for the 269 years since the founding of what we now know as the Town of Lunenburg – a celebration of the Foreign Protestants, Acadians, Mi’kmaq and the many other nationalities since who have found a home here
Thank you all for being a part of our long and ever-expanding story. Happy birthday, Lunenburg!
See "read more" for photos.